RE: filtering of mailing lists and NATs

2001-05-22 14:40:03
My mail filters must be very effective. The > 20 messages on this thread in
the last 2 days constitute over a months worth of spam I have been aware of.
Now if I could only figure out how to construct an automated filter for:

if list = IETF and content = 'personal inconvenience rant' then permanently
delete

Tony

FWIW: I agree with Keith's original tenant that technology applied without
my express awareness & consent (like NAT in the general case) is
inappropriate. I also agree with KRE that spam is a social rather than
technical problem, and any centralized technical approach will be worked
around. Rather than complain that someone else is not doing the work, maybe
those who don't want to take the time to construct their own filters should
ask the list if anyone else might be running their favorite mail tool and is
willing to share an existing rule set.

If you want to make sure I never see your message just include the strings
'$' or 'subscribe' in the subject, or send with any of these strings
anywhere in the header:
@none
163.net
163.com