Re: 2 interfaces on same subnet

2001-05-31 09:30:03
Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2001 17:40:53 +0300,
EXT-Faycal(_dot_)Hadjiat(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com  said:
I search why we can't have two ethernet interfaces(with different IP address
of course) on the same subnet?
I know it's impossible but why?

It's not impossible.  It's just often difficult to do it *right*.

Is it that useful? It'd boost reliability, but would it boost performance? If
you've got a card that can keep up with the wire, then you don't have any
bottlenecks that having two cards would solve.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|