Re: OPES is evil incarnate

2001-06-20 00:00:03
i don't know, your proposal seems pretty radical to me.  once we've said
"no" to OPES, it would be incumbent on us to say "no" to other efforts.

that alone might be a good reason to say no to opes.

Amen. Ultimately, it is a question of priorities. The resources of the
IETF are finite, and  we need to spend our time & energy on things that
really matter. Unless we can say "no" to things that are lower priority,
it will not be possible for us to say "yes" to those things that can
really make a difference. When I look at the list of WGs, it's really hard
to argue that this is the allocation of attention that would occur if we
were to try to come up with the list of the most important issues in
networking.