Re: opes and technology picks

2001-06-22 11:00:03
I believe we are in agreement. Some items, like ad-insertion, are
"by agreement" (like I will take ad-insertion in return for having Free DSL).

The rule model of OPES would allow both end to oversee the
operations here (like do not show my content with messy ads).

The enforcement side of things will hopefully result from guidelines
from our policy folks that will provide mechanisms to do this.

At 09:19 PM 6/21/2001 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> >seems like the operations should be enabled only by affirmative consent,
> >rather than requiring parties to veto them.
>
> Interesting idea but not necessarily in the scope of OPES.

the point I was trying to make is that the services which OPES enable
should not be interposed between provider and audience without affirmative
consent by at least one of those parties - as opposed to a model in
which the services could be interposed by a third partry without either
of the endpoints' explicit consent as long as neither endpoint specifically
objected.

Keith

Michael W. Condry
Director,  Network Edge Technology