Re: "I am a strong believer in the democratic process."

2001-06-24 22:20:02

Jim Fleming wrote:

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/select/1098/int.html

DEERING: Whatever happens, the Web will be kept working; it's the dominant
application. What we're seeing is people proposing new applications built on
top of HTTP, because it goes through the firewalls or it's universally
available, and, in fact, IP gets relegated to a single roll as a layer 2
technology. HTTP is the universal connectivity.

For many non real-time applications, yes.   You cannot design a good telephone
or TV like service over HTTP..or TCP :)