Re: I am *NOT* a believer in the democratic process.

2001-06-25 08:30:02
At 23:35 -0700 24/06/01, grenville armitage wrote:
Einar Stefferud wrote:
        [..]
 > Another is that IETF acts in many ways as though it is
 > the only legitimate user of its well founded standards
 > development methodologies,

Which IETF does that? On the contrary, it appears the
biggest problem is outsiders flocking to the IETF in
the mistaken belief that creating a WG here will somehow
bless one's work with pixie dust.

cheers,
gja

Which of course reinforces the notion that IETF must defend itself from the onslaught, for good reasons due to the general lack of space for new WG meetings.

But, more to the point, I am referring to the general reticence of non-IETF groups to use the IETF methods and processes in their own work related to developing standards for code for use on the Internet.

However, I know of a few others that have adopted the IETF WG processes, and I consider this a good thing to be happening. In fact, I strongly encourage it.
And even lead the charge from time to time.

Cheers...\Stef