Re: too many "Out of Office AutoReply"

2001-06-27 11:30:03
On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:44:41 BST, A James Lewis
<james(_at_)fsck(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>  said:
I notice also that ALL of the autoresponder messages come from "Internet
Mail Service" Microsoft software.... No surprises there then!

I used to send a canned note to people who did that, explaining that it
was poor netiquette, but gave up when I noticed that:

(a) 99% of the offenders were using that software
(b) I have *yet* to find somebody who can tell me how to configure said
software to not reply to mail that comes from owner-* or *-request addresses.

If somebody has a "choose this tab, select that, type this" cookbook, please
let me know....
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst