Re[2]: too many "Out of Office AutoReply"

2001-06-29 01:10:04
David,

Why in god's name would any email program worth 2 cents
not have this feature?

Gene
gene(_dot_)gaines(_at_)gainesgroup(_dot_)com

On Thursday, June 28, 2001, 10:32:16 PM, David wrote:

David,

Thanks for the step-by-step instructions.  I'm curious,
though - the usual heuristic for most "vacation
auto-responders" has been to
not send responses to any message which didn't include the
recipient's address in the to or cc header field.  Is there a way
to configure Exchange to use that heuristic?

Keith

At this time, there is no way to configure Exchange to do that.  Most of
our customer feedback has been that our current configuration scheme,
which allows per-domain configuration, meets our customers' needs.

Based on recent customer input (including this thread's input), we are
currently evaluating adding that feature.  I can't promise when it will
make it into the product, but I do agree that it is a good thing to do.

David

---
David Lemson
Lead Program Manager