Re: too many "Out of Office AutoReply"

2001-06-29 08:20:05
Thanks for the note -- I'll resist the temptation to have procmail
forward a copy of your instructions to anyone whose mailer sends such
a note to the IETF list.

But I'm disturbed that Exchange is using the Precedence: line as its
selector mechanism.  I'm hardly an email expert, but a quick grep
through the RFCs turned up exactly one mention of the Precedence:
header line.  That reference is in 2076, which describes it as
"Non-standard, controversial, discouraged".  No RFC definition is cited.
It would be nice if such an important feature relied only on
standardized headers.