RE: Re[2]: too many "Out of Office AutoReply"

2001-06-29 10:40:02
I have noticed that for the past few days , the IETF has been flooded with
these  so called "OUT OF OFFICE AUTOREPLY"......debate.
But don't you ppl in IETF think that these mails are a way to intimidate the
sender that the person to whom you are sending the mail is out of office or
something......why do we make every small thing such a big issue?
can we not use this medium(IETF) for someting better?

I personally would like to receive some kind of ACK from the person whom I
am trying to send a mail....so that I am rest assured that the mail has
reached him....I agree that in case a mail does not reach the concerned ID
we do get a mailer-deamon normally...yet i prefer this interaction/....

SO LETS STOP THIS DISCUSSION RIGHT HERE...AND USE THE IETF FOR SOMETHING
BETTER

Ashutosh Agarwal
ashutosha(_at_)planetasia(_dot_)com
I trust I make myself obscure