Re: filter large messages

2001-07-26 13:00:03
I also disagree, I don't want my vCard to be blocked!
Saludos.
Regards.
José Manuel Arronte García
Supervisor de Soporte Técnico Helpdesk

Meg(_at_)Red Veracruz
Telecomunicaciones y Entretenimiento SA
Av. S. Díaz Mirón 2625-A
Fracc. Moderno
Veracruz Ver. MÉXICO

http://www.megacable.com.mx
http://www.megared.net.mx

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Stracke" <francis(_at_)ecal(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: filter large messages

Keith Moore wrote:

That would block people whose mailers automatically attach their vCard.

might be a good thing :)

Yeah, at least half a dozen people have said this.  I disagree, though;
vCards improve communication by making it easier to maintain your
address book, and they're usually too small to complain about.

I don't disagree *too* strongly, though.  :-)

but I presume such filters would just remove the vCard, not the
message text.

Um.  Personally, I would object to such a thing; I don't want a mailing
list editing my messages.  (I avoid lists like eGroups, for example,
which put ads at the bottom.)

Anyway, if the goal is to block vires, and save us from getting flooded
with messages from the WinDOS boxen infected with them, then you want to
bounce the whole message.

|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own. |
|eCal Corp.      |Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop|
|francis(_at_)ecal(_dot_)com|believing in it.                              |