Re: filter large messages

2001-07-26 11:40:03
<<On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:49:36 -0400, Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> said:

(this usually happens because the message is being sent from a MUA
that normally uses a different charset, that is best encoded in base64.
but it happens even if the message is entirely ASCII)

Then that MUA is broken.  I have no sympathy.  Just because the
standard happens to permit stupid behavior doesn't mean it should be
catered to.  (I have never seen a legitimate message bounce on any of
my mailing-lists as a result of this restriction, nor in nine years
have I seen a legitimate message on the IETF list which was
base64-encoded.)

-GAWollman