Re: filter large messages

2001-07-26 11:30:03
A more plausible rule -- and one which I use in my own mailing-lists
-- is to filter any content which has a Content-Transfer-Encoding of base64.

it's easier to implement but completely unreasonable.  it's quite
permissable, and not unusual, for English text in plain ASCII to be
encoded in base64

(this usually happens because the message is being sent from a MUA
that normally uses a different charset, that is best encoded in base64.
but it happens even if the message is entirely ASCII)

Keith