Re: filter large messages

2001-07-26 11:10:06
<<On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:05:30 -0400, Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> said:

is it possible to just filter attachments?
yes, for some reasonable definition of "attachment", it's possible.

I don't think the correct answer is to filter ``attachments''.  A more
plausible rule -- and one which I use in my own mailing-lists -- is to
filter any content which has a Content-Transfer-Encoding of base64.
(This would obviously be a problem for certain languages and character
sets; for an international English-language mailing-list, however,
there should be no issues.)  I personally also filter Content-Type:
text/html as well, for unrelated reasons.

-GAWollman