Re: Note Well

2001-08-02 08:20:02
This message came out a couple of weeks ago to all WG mailing lists,
clarifying intellectual property rights and grants pertaining to statements
relating to IETF activities.

Was it a response to some new or existing issue or situation? I'm just
curious. At a guess, I would imagine that someone passed a private comment in
a hallway that was later used by someone else in a public forum. I'm trying to
parse the statement to understand where the emphasis should be: on the public
nature of IETF activities, or on the private nature of personal conversations.

thanks in advance

-pl

                              NOTE WELL

All statements related to the activities of the IETF and addressed to
the IETF are subject to all provisions of Section 10 of RFC 2026, which
grants to the IETF and its participants certain licenses and rights in
such statements....

| Pete Loshin             http://www.loshin.com               |
| pete(_at_)loshin(_dot_)com         +1 781/646-6318                     |