Re: Grazing the commons

2001-08-09 07:30:04
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Randy Bush wrote:

"New" ISPs have sold multihoming to customers as a way to gain market
share against incumbents whenever they could

yup.  and they get the money.  but, since they neglected to put paying
the rest of us in the financial model, i presume they will excuse our
not spending our critical resources to aid their income.

One note about about "plain and simple" filtering of /24 and more
specifics in the presentation.. IPv4 Anycast address prefixes are assigned
as /24's and in practise can't be advertised as less specific ones.

Not that anyone is using them anyway, but for example ngtrans has 6to4
anycast relay router prefix defined, and shipworm on the way.  DNS over
anycast is being  practised AFAIR.