Re: Making the IETF meeting network more representative of the real world

2001-08-09 07:20:04
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   I liked Tony Hain's suggestion that the future IETF terminal room/
   wireless LAN ntworks should offer NATted IPv4 and plain IPv6, to
   better reflect the choices available to much of the world.  But I
   don't think that puts the two on an equal footing, so in addition
   the network ought to undergo an IPv6 renumbering during Wednesday.

=> Matt, you have to give more details about which kind of renumbering:
 - if we simulate switch from a ISP to another one, the time scale
   will be in days and nobody will notice.
 - if we simulate a multihomed site with uplink failures, this will be
   funny but a bit unfair (until multi6 finds a solution).
Of course we should have a lot of announced prefixes, not only one
as we get here from BT (I remember we got 4 or 5 in Tokyo, and I have
3 (6bone + 2 from RIPE) at my school).

Regards

Francis(_dot_)Dupont(_at_)enst-bretagne(_dot_)fr

PS: have we  been immune for Code Red if you have applied this here?