RE: Making the IETF meeting network more representative of the real world

2001-08-09 11:30:03
At 08:56 AM 8/9/2001, Tony Hain wrote:
Matt Holdrege wrote:

> So I humbly request that all IETF meetings support NAT-free
> pure IPv4 networks for use by IETF attendees.

Matt, I thought a co-chair of the NAT WG would actually support
the proposal. :)

Being the chair means that I know how bad NAT is. Why would I want the IETF terminal room to use it?

Seriously, are we really saying that NAT is great for consumers,
but keep them away from the IETF network because we *know* it won't
work?

The terminal room and wireless network at IETF meetings are *working* networks. They aren't for playing around. We've been there and done that and it isn't fun.