RE: Making the IETF meeting network more representative of the real world

2001-08-09 09:00:04
Matt Holdrege wrote:

So I humbly request that all IETF meetings support NAT-free
pure IPv4 networks for use by IETF attendees.

Matt, I thought a co-chair of the NAT WG would actually support
the proposal. :)

Seriously, are we really saying that NAT is great for consumers,
but keep them away from the IETF network because we *know* it won't
work?

BTW: I would actually support having the public address/prefix
of both IPv4 & IPv6 change daily (say 5 am when everyone has
finally called it a day). If we are ever going to make the
mechanisms work correctly, we have to live with them and not just
talk about them.

Tony