Re: Making the IETF meeting network more representative of the real world

2001-08-09 06:00:03

I liked Tony Hain's suggestion that the future IETF terminal room/
wireless LAN ntworks should offer NATted IPv4 and plain IPv6, to
better reflect the choices available to much of the world.
i wish i could agree that they are, but the transition plan seems to
have a lot of nats in it. <sigh>

        you should better practice using before IETF54 (Yokohama Japan),
        as we may deploy IPv6-only terminal cluster :-):-):-)

        seriously, with the address allocation policy/status in JP I guess
        IETF54 term room may have to use IPv4 NAT or something alike.
        If you use IPv6, you should be safe.  So it's better to prepare today
        than tomorrow.

itojun