Re: Making the IETF meeting network more representative of the real world

2001-08-09 08:30:02
For many or most of us, it's not a matter of our preparation. Rather it is
the matter of infrastructure support for IPv6. Until our corporate and ISP
and operating system and application infrastructures support IPv6, we
unfortunately must remain IPv4 users. So I humbly request that all IETF
meetings support NAT-free pure IPv4 networks for use by IETF attendees.
Pure IPv6 networks would be good too!

        1. so, try to support IPv6 in your corporate network as well as your
           email server sooner than later.
        2. use IPv6-to-IPv4 translator, supposedly available at the venue
           (your laptop = IPv6, corporate = IPv4).

itojun