Re: Humo[u]r RFCs

2001-09-10 13:50:03
Edward Lewis wrote:
At 12:29 PM -0400 9/10/01, Mareline Sheldon wrote:
Similarly there exists RFCs 1149 and 2549 [Avian Carriers] which
nobody will ever implement :-)

1149 has been implemented. See: http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/

  By the current rules of the game, RFC 1149 cannot be upgraded to BCP
("Best Common Practice") until at least two separate implementations
have been shown to work together with minimal data loss.

  AIUI (does that require definition-at-first-use-in-document?), these
guys (in Bergen, Norway) are waiting for another group to also implement
RFC 1149 for interoperability testing.

  But, the media used in RFC 1149 has a limited range.  So, do we try to
find a second set of nuts^H^H^H^Hresearch scientists in Scandinavia, or
do we find a set of RS's with no useful work to do somewhere else, and
get them to move there until development is done?

--
: Unable to locate coffee.  Operator halted.