RE: "World war 3"

2001-09-12 02:10:05
I think the only behavior we should encourage (here and in general) is
solidarity and concern.

Maybe it's a pitty we didn't show the same solidarity and concern about Iraq
and Jugoslavia (and why not mention the Israelians AND the Palestinians), but
it's no good reason to encourage indifference, unconcern and certainly not
mockery or satisfaction about what happened.

(Personally, I would only accept and tolerate satisfaction in the case of
*soldiers*, and only if they clearly are my ennemy, but certainly not in the
case of *civilians*!)

All negative behavior should be banned.
All neutral, indifferent, unconcerned behavior should be tolerated.
All positive, constructive behavior should be encouraged.

Yesterday was even worse than Pearl Harbor, not only because of the higher
number of casualties, but simply because they were innocent civilians. And
while we "could" possibly understand an unnoticed attack *against soldiers and
military facilities* (to be fast or to try to win the war), there's simply
nothing to excuse or justify such inhumanity *against innocent civilians*.

Now, war and terrorism should not even exist. Unfortunately, it's in the human
nature.