Specification verification tools

2001-10-03 07:40:03
Recently, the IESG sent a note describing and encouraging the use of
formally verifiable means of protocol specification, in addition to
English prose. To facilitate this effort, I will be setting a resource
web page to provide information on mechanisms and tools. (Unless there
is a formal IETF effort, of course.)

For now, please send me pointers to tools and possible languages or
other suitable means, including, for example, RFC 2234 (ABNF), ASN.1 as
used for LDAP and SNMP, or XML schemas. Note that these tools are meant
for verification, not for code generation.

This is a "freelance" effort, and any statements or listings do not
necessarily reflect official IETF or IESG policy or recommendations.

Thank you.
--
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs