Re: Exception to "MUST NOT"

2001-10-08 02:30:01

Jiwoong Lee <porce(_at_)ktf(_dot_)com> said:
  | If something is unclear, it's always recommendable to
  | review the discussion archive and the whole document.

True, though not really applicable here, as nothing was really unclear.

  | However, the specification should remain as a specification, rather
  | than a literature; If possible, one statement should stay clear by
  | itself.

yes, but we can't have the doc containing the same text multiple times
(or I guess we could, but that would get tedious to read - to avoid that
authors tend to make the text different, and that then leads to interpretation
problems).

The "one statement" here provided a reference to the exact place to go
to (in the same document) that contained the precise rule to apply (in the
exception case to the general rule being stated).  If that isn't sufficient,
nothing is.

kre