Bleave me I am not Crazy!!!

2001-10-19 06:40:02
Hi,

I am LAN administrator, today I went to solve some
desktop problem, what I saw was amazing. There were
two "winnt" directories in "C:\". What I did was
removed the harddisk connected as secondary to some
other system and started the system. Then I accessed
the secondary harddisk renamed one of "winnt"s to
"winnt1" and rebooted system with that harddisk. It
didnt boot. Then again I booted with other harddisk
and did same thing for other "winnt" folder and
renamed prev. "winnt1" to "winnt" and again I tried to
boot from that HDD but no luck again. The system boots
only if there are two "winnt" directories in "c:\".
The filesystem of that HDD is NTFS.

Can any one tell me why is this happening and what is
reason behing this???

Any help is appericiated.

Gaurang.