Re: in memoriam

2001-10-19 06:50:02
In my opinion, all of the IETF leaders, especially those who are U.S.
citizens,
should take a long time to take a long look at what they have not helped to
accomplish with their ICANN. The world will no doubt route around you
with the Next Generation Internet, InfiniBAND, etc. You can stand firm in
your convictions to censor and to restrict access to the legacy root name
servers, which are now largely irrellevent. As our President Bush and many
of the Congressional leaders have noted, Americans stand strong and will
move forward and will innovate and compete, and show the world they are
united. New.Net and other companies stand as a shining memorial to the
spirit of the American people and American ISPs willing to stand up to the
ICANN/IETF machine. You have not defeated us.

Jim Fleming
http://www.in-addr.info
3:219 INFO
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Baker" <fred(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
To: "Einar Stefferud" <stef(_at_)nma(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: in memoriam

At 06:05 PM 10/18/2001, Einar Stefferud wrote:
What I think is a real shame is that ICANN might be mistakenly
considered by some people to to be a monument to Jon Postel...

with all due respect, would you mind if I spent a few minutes thinking
about Jon, the good things he did and left, and the good things we can do
and leave while standing on his shoulders?

Take this other stuff somewhere else. I don't need you to ruin my day.