Re: in memoriam

2001-10-17 01:00:03
----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Bush" <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com>
To: "Toru Takahashi" <toru(_at_)riis(_dot_)ad(_dot_)jp>
Cc: "ietf" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: in memoriam

it is important to pass the culture and people on to the students.
and those of us of later age have to think what it means to us.
you were in hospital, and i had my heart attack two months later.
will we have contributed to constructive change even a fraction
of what jon did?  some days i have hope.

randy

The ICANN/IETF "culture" of having self-appointed leaders restrict
the access to scarce resources (for their personal gain) is exactly the
culture most of the world is opposing in the Middle East. The resource
there is oil, and the people are suppressed by leaders who hand down
control from one generation to the next, via a shadowy network of
insiders.

In my opinion, Americans are working hard to show the world that
their culture of democracy and capitalism is a better way to go. On
October 25, 2001, Microsoft will help to promote that "culture".

While you are of course free to promote your ICANN "culture", I
think people around the world will eventually choose freedom. If they
do not, then they have themselves to blame. They now will have a choice.

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif