Re: [OF] ietf Re: in memoriam

2001-10-29 01:00:02
First some general questions....
First, why do you Cc: so much ppl?

Do you think that non-U.S. citizens should be able to use U.S. network
facilities for their employment, without any visa, work-permit, etc. ?  What
do you think ? Do you like having the U.S. freedom to express your opinion?
U.S. citizens do the same with non-U.S. network facilities. It's called
globalization.  U.S. freedom? Excuse me? You will maybe wonder, but for a lot
of us foreigners, U.S. freedom is just a poor myth, and we are happy we are
*outside* U.S., especially for shits like DMCA, SSSCA etc. But that's purely
offtopic ;).

Do you think that U.S. companies should continue to employ non-U.S. citizens
while laying off U.S. citizens ?  What do you think ? Do you like having the
U.S. freedom to express your opinion?
I'm non-U.S. citizen, so I don't care ;).

Do you think that non-U.S. citizens should be allowed to be freely "imported"
by large multi-national companies, to freely work on the Internet with no
identification that they are not U.S. citizens ?  What do you think ? Do you
like having the U.S. freedom to express your opinion?
Internet is not U.S. affair. U.S. can have some honourable position as an
origin of Internet, but that's all. I guess most of the internet is non-U.S.
actually.  You missed the time, man. Where the web came from? CERN. What's one
of the biggest supporters of IPv6? Nokia. We are getting rid of you, happily
;-). I have nothing against U.S. itself, and I'm glad for such inventions like
Internet, which they gave to the world, but I have much against their laws.
Well, as long as they won't want others to accept them as well... damn,
offtopic once more ;-).

Do you think that non-U.S. citizens should be allowed to freely roam around
in cyberspace on U.S. networks from outside of the U.S. ? Why should the U.S.
Government focus on physical immigration and ignore cyber immigration ?
...or, Do you think that all of the borders of the U.S. (both physical and
cyber) should be opened up and anyone will be allowed to roam around as they
please?  What do you think ? Do you like having the U.S. freedom to express
your opinion?
Rotfl :-)). Well, let's close U.S. cyber borders, and ban U.S. users from all
the non-U.S. network. We'll see then.

Do you think that the U.S. Department of Commerce,under advice from ICANN,
should continue to support so-called ccTLDs in the legacy root name servers
with little or no knowledge of who the people are behind those TLDs ?
Non-U.S. root name servers also supports U.S. TLDs. I guess if there would be
reports that the person is not competent, an action would be taken.

Do you think that the so-called ccTLDs should pay exactly the same as all
other TLDs to be listed in the legacy root name servers ? An ASCII string is
an ASCII string after all. By the way, A stands for American in ASCII.
I know one lovely place in the middle of Czech Republic, which is called
America.  However it has nothing to do with U.S. government.  It just contain
word 'America' in its name.  Going to prohibit use of this word or bind it with
U.S. government?

What do you think ? Do you like having the U.S. freedom to express your
opinion?
Why the hell they shouldn't?

Why does the IETF always focus on censorship ?
Maybe they want to prevent it?

Why does ICANN censor U.S. companies from the legacy root name servers
operated largely under the direction of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Eh? Please explain.

Will anyone mind if the President of the United States orders that ALL of the
legacy root name servers be operated within the U.S. and that ONLY U.S.
companies be allowed to add TLDs to those servers ?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/10/print/20011016-12.html
Executive Order Critical Infrastructure Protection in the Information Age
Sorry, no time to read it all, but if you are true, U.S. is going to
self-destruct itself. Economic of U.S. is obviously dependent on export, and
also on Internet.  So if you will isolate U.S. on the Internet this way, so
export and Internet won't be able to be connected anymore. That's going to
break you, imho.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/