Re: censorship process?

2001-10-29 05:10:01
James,
I have asked the postmasters to elucidate what happened.
In the normal way of things, the message SHOULD have gotten through.

                   Harald

--On fredag, oktober 26, 2001 11:47:38 -0700 "James P. Salsman" <bovik(_at_)best(_dot_)com> wrote:

I would like to know more about the decision process involving
censorship on the IETF list.

About October 5th I sent a reply to a message from "Cel"
  http://ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg13899.html
which specifically asked for any ideas to stop the solicitation
from the "DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES ... LAGOS, NIGERIA"
  http://ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg13896.html

I suggested these URLs:
  http://www.phoenixproject.net/  (hydrogen as an alternative to petrol)
  http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=22166&cid=2377370  (codeposition
fusion)

My message was apparently lost.  I find it odd that a well-known
scam would be allowed while honest suggestions for less
destructive alternatives to a probable cause giving rise to the
"Nigerian Letter" scam would be censored.