Re: Jim Fleming's posting privilleges have been revoked

2001-10-29 05:40:01

--On fredag, oktober 26, 2001 11:51:16 -0400 "bbrennan(_at_)nbn(_dot_)net" <bbrennan(_at_)nbn(_dot_)net> wrote:

It is a silly question (and I will probably get flamed for this) but
I will ask anyway. Was Jim really generating as much traffic as
talking about Jim has been generating? BLB

actually, this thread, which I read as being about whether or not the clauses of RFC 3005 should ever be invoked or not, is relevant to the IETF.

At the moment, I have Anthony Atkielski against, and everyone else for.
I take it that the community upholds the rough consensus of RFC 3005.

(Note: I also read the discussion as showing that the community feels that the subject of censoring the list is a tricky one, and that we do NOT feel that the RFC 3005 provisions should be invoked lightly. This is a Good Thing.)

                     Harald