Re: Jim Fleming's posting privilleges have been revoked

2001-10-26 08:50:02
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:43:22 +0200, Anthony Atkielski
<anthony(_at_)atkielski(_dot_)com>  said:

That depends on how you define junk mail.  If everyone does not share the same
definition, there is a problem.

That is true, as far as it goes.  However, in the IETF world, we seem to have
reached much more than "rough consensus" on the definition.

Let me propose a radical solution:  The IESG should charter an IPv8 working
group, and *all* IPv8 related discussions should happen there.  They are to
report back to the main IETF list when they have 2 interoperable
implementations.

Remember, Queen Isabella *knew* it was 18,000 miles to China if you went west,
because she knew the world was 25K miles around (not the 12K Columbus claimed).
She gambled 3 leaky ships and a bunch of ex-convicts.

Who knows? We might be as surprised as Queen Isabella was....
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst