RE: Jim Fleming's posting privilleges have been revoked

2001-10-26 06:30:03
Anthony,

I just wanted to humbly react to each sentence of your mail.

"I _am_ interested in the opinions of people, no matter what those opinions
are."
Good. Then subscribe to as many mailing lists as you wish, and don't criticize
other people's opinions.

"I don't see why the world must be censored at the source just to meet your
standards of what you do and don't want to see."
Then create your own mailing list where everybody can spam in full peace of
mind. And by the way, stop using IETF standards, if you don't like them...

"And claiming to represent the majority is irrelevant, even if it is true (and
I'm not convinced of that),"
Irrelevant? Really? How do you think people agree on common standards? By
following minority's advice?
And if you are not so sure, just count how many mails support Jim Flaming - or
you - and how many complain about! Don't you respect those opinions?

"because it is technologically quite possible for each person to censor his own
mail at his recipient end--it is not necessary to censor at the source, unless
your real objective be to prevent _others_ from reading anything of which _you_
do not approve."
Are you the owner or moderator of the IETF mailing list? Do you officially
represent the IETF? Have you been chosen/elected to speak in the name of
everyone? Yes? No? So excuse me if I don't support your opinion on this subject
and if I rely entirely on the opinion of Harald.

In conclusion, may I modestly suggest you to be more humble when you use a
common resource (as this mailing list appears to be), then to take into account
that majority you seem to have a low opinion of. Be careful : I'm close to
consider you as a troll. Please prefer contributing to this mailing list rather
than complaining about it!

E.T.

P.S.: it's a pity to observe that, whereas the majority of people agree on most
topics, there is always some minority to claim that his opinion is more
important, stating that "representing the majority is irrelevant". I'm afraid I
consider such attitude as disrespectful.

I'm really not interested in the opinions of people
who continuously rant and spam off-topic posts and
it seems that opinion is shared by a lot of
people on the list.

That's what killfiles and filters are for.

I _am_ interested in the opinions of people, no matter what those opinions are.
I don't see why the world must be censored at the source just to meet your
standards of what you do and don't want to see.  And claiming to represent the