Re: Jim Fleming's posting privilleges have been revoked

2001-10-26 07:40:02
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:00:51 EDT, Jeffrey Altman said:

The IETF mailing list is supposed to be used only for items which are
of interest to the entire group of participants regardless of the
working group they participate in.  It would be inappropriate to
discuss implementations or usage of IMAP or SSH on this list.  That is
what the working group mailing lists are for.

On the other hand, "the IETF stance regarding law enforcement back doors in
crypto, as it affects SSH and SSL" would certainly be in-bounds for this
list.  And there's a certain amount of fuzziness (and there SHOULD be) whether
a given topic belongs here, or on the NANOG list, or both.

I'll admit to straying quite a bit myself at times - I'm not *quite* sure
that the nature of a CAVE or the challenges of teleconferencing are *strictly*
on-topic, but somebody asked.. ;)

But even I, for all my mental wandering(*), have to agree that Jim Fleming
has shown a almost superhuman ability to *consistently* be completely and
totally off-charter and off-topic.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst

(*) "My mind wanders so far, it brings back souvenirs" - author unknown