draft-allocchio-gstn-00.txt - request for comments!

2001-11-15 06:40:02

Hallo,

I would like to explicitly point your attention to the following draft
which was just published:

directories.

      Title           : Text string notation for Dial Sequences and GSTN /
                        E.164 addresses
      Filename        : draft-allocchio-gstn-00.txt

This memo describes the full set of notations needed to represent
in a text string a Dial Sequence. A Dial Sequence is normally
composed by Dual Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF) elements [1] plus
separators and the additional 'actions' (such as 'wait for
dialtone', 'pause for N secs', etc.) which could be needed to
successfully establish the connection with the target service:
this includes the cases where subaddresses or DTMF menu navigation
apply. Global Switched Telephone Numbers (GSTN) / E.164 addresses
(commonly called 'telephone numbers') [2] are a subset of a Dial
Sequence, and thus use the same set of notations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allocchio-gstn-00.txt

As already stated in the abstract, the intention for this document is to
provide a unique syntax for Dial Sequences, including expecially phone
numbers as a subset. The definitions contained in the draft actually come
from existing Draft Standard and Proposed Standard specifications, but
were collected here to provide a quick, easy and unique reference
document for anybody needing this particualr encoding. The original idea
comes from the Application Area Directors, and I made the collection and
edited the I-D.

As some of you already did (thank you indeed !), spotting some needed
corrections, I kindly invite you to provide me your comments and
suggestions. They will also be useful to the revision of the Draft and
Proposed standards the definitions come from.

Thank you all, and regards!

Claudio Allocchio
ietf fax wg co-chair