RE: trying to reconcile two threads

2001-11-29 07:30:04
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Fred Baker wrote:
At 01:57 PM 11/28/2001, Charles Adams wrote:
This may be the wrong time to interject this, but I know of a local cable
company that requires you to register a single MAC address.

mine does that. I gave them the mac address of my router.

And even if not that, if you gave them your workstations MAC address, you
could change your router's MAC address to that and select some random one
for your workstation...