Re: one copy sent to list but THREE returned

2002-01-06 22:30:03
Enginneering and computer science disipline are a joke. It seems ppl in
these feilds all about ego and no documentation or worse terse confusing
documentation. (eg rfcs)  cut the crap and do something usefull.

And yes, I am not helping here..

At 08:36 PM 1/6/02 -0600, Timothy J. Salo wrote:
To: Gordon Cook <cook(_at_)cookreport(_dot_)com>, ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: one copy sent to list but THREE returned

At 5:11 PM -0500 1/6/02, Gordon Cook wrote:
I sent but a single copy of 'empowering' to the list.  It returned
THREE to me.  If everyone else got 3, my apologies.  If anyone can
inform me as to what happened i'd appreciate it.

Er, a better question is why you spammed the IETF list at all.

Oh, please.  Compared to what?  Megabytes of viruses?  Long discussions
about whether viruses should be filtered from the IETF mail list?
Long discussions about whether IETF mail lists should accept e-mail
only from subscribers?  Repeated tirades against address translation?

While Gordon is regularly fairly confused, he sometimes does provide
a few interesting tidbits in his infrequent postings.  The information
content of his postings probably ranks at least average for IETF postings
(I am sorry to say).

It seems to me that Gordon's postings are the least of the challenges
faced by the IETF mail list.

-tjs