Re: comments on Friday scheduling (and a "spam")

2002-01-20 16:30:02
At 08:08 PM 1/19/2002, Ian Cooper wrote:
--On Saturday, January 19, 2002 17:32 -0800 Lixia Zhang <lixia(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucla(_dot_)edu> wrote:

If talking personal preference...
I would rather prefer not to have anything officially scheduled on Sunday
since that fundamentally requires we leave for the trip one day earlier.
Friday is not too good either.

How about moving the social to Monday evening, and have Tue and Wed
evening for the two plenaries?

So those who don't go to the meetings on a Monday night get to go to the social, but if your group is in that 2.5 hour slot you don't get to go...?

As a matter of fact, I havent had time to go to the social even when it's on Tuesdays :-)

OK, I'll just vote with others for moving the social to Sunday evening.

given I'm sending this msg anyway, I'll just take this opportunity for a little spam (cant figure out any other ways): at Salt Lake City, someone asked me for an official quote of a statement I made back in '96 "no amount of QOS can generate any additional bandwidth" -- I made that statement in a talk at some highspeed networking workshop and I found the original slides, but lost the card from the fellow and dont remember the name either. I hope he'd read this msg: pls let me know if you'd still like to get the slide.

Lixia