Impossible suggestions

2002-01-24 07:30:04
Somebody wrote:

The IETF is not an oversight/management org of
Internet.
That is the IABs charter.

No it isn't. Please read the IAB Charter (RFC 2850).

Policing corporations'
standards implementations
surely is beyond our scope (& $..ha!).
IETF is to engineer/develop standard protocols.

Indeed, and that includes the IAB and the ISOC. We would be crazy
to attempt anything of the kind.

It seems quite appropriate that our IETF chairman
denounce any product known (proven by any IESG member)
to deviate from an IETF standard,

No, it seems totally inappropriate. It isn't our job or our
business to do such a thing, and the legal exposure is
unthinkable.

   Brian