Bagged cats and DNS elfs

2002-01-24 10:10:04
Ed Gerck or Vint Cerf said:
Since the cat can, and indeed may, go back to the
bag in this case, it seems to be in our best interest
to find ways to induce trust without recourse to
control (or fear of) as the only solution.

Dan says:
Oh. Cats back into the bags? Easier to say then do. I noted a MIT paper and
my own current screwing around with a product that fakes DNS entries to live
with DHCP IP addresses looking nailed up.

Internet is going to get as lot weirder in a deep sense, I think. No matter
we "in principle" is in control.

If IP numbers are the holy grail, DHCP is the cat liberating technology.

Dan