Re: Yes, conformance testing required... Re: Fwd: Re: IP: Microsoft breaks Mime specification

2002-01-27 02:10:03

If it's easy-in, it's not *worth* much.

I definitely disagree with that, see below.

A UL rating is worth something because it requires some effort.

An ISO9001 cert means something because it requires some effort.

An MCSE means something because it requires some effort.

A driver's license means something because it requires some effort (OK,
maybe not a LOT, but enough to pass the road test ;)

A diploma from an unaccredited "send us a check, we'll send you
a sheepskin" diploma-mill doesn't mean anything because there's no
real effort to be made.

Which of these 5 is your scenario most like?

None of the above.  I assume you *think* it means the diploma
from an unaccredited university.

But since when was the IETF unaccredited?

Actually, the thing I think it is most similar to is citizenship,
such as US citizenship.  Which takes *0* effort to gain, and
means *A LOT*.

:)

Kyle Lussier
AutoNOC LLC