Re: RFC2119 Keywords

2002-02-15 01:40:06
    Date:        Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:54:07 -0600
    From:        "David Fischer" <david(_at_)drummondgroup(_dot_)com>

  | Is the 2119 keyword simply "must" or "MUST" or "Must" or
  | "MuSt" ... , or is the weight of the 2119 definition
  | reserved strictly for "MUST" (all caps)?  I assume the
  | answer would equally apply to the entire list of 2119
  | keywords.

All caps MUST be used for 2119 to apply - unless your doc says
otherwise - it could of course, it could say
        we treat "must" as if it was MUST from bcp14
instead of just saying that 2119 is used (if you don't mention
2119 at all, you'll just have a somewhat strange typographical convention,
which will probably result in the IESG getting annoyed with you).

And yes, all of them.

kre