RE: IETF #53 Schedule Stability

2002-02-25 09:50:05
Stephen,

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Trowbridge [mailto:sjtrowbridge(_at_)lucent(_dot_)com]
Sent: February 21, 2002 21:43

What I am asking is that if, on March 1, the agenda says my meetings
are Monday and Tuesday, and I buy a cheap ticket to go home Wednesday,
the agenda doesn't change on March 11 moving my meetings to Thursday
and Friday.

If you are only interested in one or a few WG(s), and if you are not
going to IETF meetings to get a broader picture and get involved in
fruitful hallway discussions that can not be scheduled, it might be
worth considering not to go at all. Everything that happened at the
scheduled meetings will be reported in the minutes, and final decisions
are still taken on the mailing lists.

IETF is one of four standards organizations in which I participate.

Ever considered to get more seriously involved in the IETF, or focus
on the other bodies?

The unstable characteristics of our agendas may also be seen as a feature,
forcing us to stay for the whole week and thereby (slowly) get a better
understanding of the broader picture, which our future IETF work will
benefit from.

Cheers,
/Lars-Erik