Re: IETF #53 Schedule Stability

2002-02-25 19:10:02

"Pekka" == Pekka Savola <pekkas(_at_)NETCORE(_dot_)FI> writes:
    Pekka> What most people seem to be missing is the real work is done
    Pekka> outside of the WG meetings.  You can quite well participate in the
    Pekka> IETF process without ever (or once or twice a year) being present.

  By this, Pekka means both the mailing lists, but also the hallways.
  Problems are resolved 1:1 in the hallways between meetings.
  So, I have no sympathy for those who want the schedule nailed down
early so they can get a cheap flight in/out.

  Book yourself a cheap flight now (or better, last month). It is
particularly disrespectful to those who travel longer distances.

  My major beef with the scheduling is that it tends to be Monday
heavy. The result is that Monday wipes me out. I always try to schedule
myself the entire week. Thanks to notebook with huge disks and processors
that make "workstations" seem a joke, IETF becomes a chance to catch up
on work without distractions from colleagues/bosses/etc.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[