Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees

2002-03-19 10:00:03
Well, you do have about 200Mbits/sec connected to the Hilton at the moment
which should support a substantial number of mostly audio content feeds,
but that's not likely to be available every meeting depending on sponsor.
Besides, I believe you just need to send out a few streams to distribution
reflectors elsewhere.

Excellent idea!  And since this part of the IETF is driven by volunteers,
I'm thinking you're willing to volunteer? ...organize the reflectors,
work with the terminal room to make sure there is bandwidth (what should we
do for other meetings when the bandwidth isn't available), run the
local reflector (software and hardware), etc.  And if you'd like to do
a different encoding then make sure to bring your own encoder machine.

We can easily make both an audio and video feed from either (or both)
rooms available to you.  Real and NCast have done this in the past, but
we tend not to advertise these additional services as widely since they
are not services that will consistently be offered at each meeting...
and if the service isn't offered every time then it becomes hard for
attendees to plan on NOT attending because they aren't sure whether they
can really listen.

-Kevin