Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees

2002-03-19 09:30:02
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:44:57 +0100, Thor Harald Johansen said:
How can I participate in an IETF meeting? I'm a student, so money is
short. ;) Is it possible to "be there" electronically?

I've never been spotted at an IETF meeting.  In fact, I think I've only
ever been spotted in person by about 10 people who ever *have* attended
IETF meetings.  OK.. Maybe 20. ;)  And those who *have* met me also know
that I *will* travel several time zones if something is happening that my
presence is useful - I've just never made it to an IETF because there's
never been a draft that needed my in-person discussion...

Before you ask "how", ask "why".
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer