Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees

2002-03-18 18:00:03

Paul Robinson wrote:
        [..]
For people to come back with arguments like 'Do you know how much
the coffee costs?' raised the question 'Do you think the coffee is critical
to have at those meetings?'.

At the IETF meetings you've participated in, are you saying the morning
and afternoon stimulants failed to help you stay awake during your various
WGs, BOFs, and hallway discussions?

        [..]
However, I remember occasions when reading a
draft and thinking to myself 'this is a *really* bad idea to implement' and
realising that the only way I was going to get heard was to get to the next
meetings.

You might want to look into WG mailing lists for this purpose.

cheers,
gja (who prefers tea over coffee anyway....)