Re: [idn] Moving Towards UTF8 vs ASCII(ACE) Forever

2002-03-21 14:10:03
Hi Dave

You seem to be repeating my words in a slightly different "tone"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
the answer was that it is not happening now and we need to make a
transition that is independent of converting to utf-8 native.

My answer
And as I recall, the answer to the question is, allow me to summarize "we
will wait and see".  There has never been a definitive answer or decision
on
this as yet.

What is the difference.  Please enlighten me.

The result is still "it is not happening now", but the question is "will it
happen in eventually", you have not answered the question.  If it IS, then
we should start working NOW.  That is
my point.  If we collectively decide that it is NEVER going to happen and we
will stay with ACE FOREVER, then, we should stop here and live happily ever
after with ACE.  But if the general direction or consensus is to move
towards UTF8 eventually, then, we should start the work now.

Edmon