Re: draft-iab-unsaf-considerations-01.txt

2002-04-05 17:52:22
On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 03:25 PM, james woodyatt wrote:

Another thing that springs to mind: the IAB should probably encourage-- in no uncertain terms-- that any UNSAF process specified for use with IPv4 NAT should also be specified for use with RFC 2766 "Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation (NAT-PT)" as well.

I forgot to mention: I think that the dominant variant of NAT-PT will be the combination of Bidirectional-NAT-PT and NAPT-PT.

I will admit, though, that my wording above was probably too strong. I'd like to revise my comment by suggesting that proposals for UNSAF processes applicable to IPv4 NAT should be reviewed in the light of RFC 2766 NAT-PT as well.

--
j h woodyatt <jhw(_at_)wetware(_dot_)com>