Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

2002-04-06 05:00:39
    Date:        Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:55:50 +0200 (MET DST)
    From:        Gunnar Lindberg <lindberg(_at_)cdg(_dot_)chalmers(_dot_)se>

  | To me the real issue, however, seems to be in the applications, i.e.
  | in the resolvers

If applications have problems with this, they almost certainly need to
be fixed anyway - regardless of what the standards say should appear,
the application has to deal with what actually exists, which need not
have a lot in common with what is specified.

I actually suspect that you'll find that far fewer applications have
problems dealing with anything other than labels containing 0x00 or 0x2e
the former of which is quite likely to be a major problem for most
applications, and the latter for a large number.  UTF-8 usage would
not trigger either of those however.

kre